10,000 lifetimes together

10,000 lifetimes together
Hubby and Me

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Life Without Hubby

Ok, so my husband is working out of town for the next month only coming home for like a day. Now I am so thankful (not that I wasn't) for him. My car didn't start from a dead battery the morning he left. My dryer almost started on fire two days later. Please that is a whole 'notha blog. Then my brake line broke on my car while I was driving it. I felt like there where extreme forces at work here. The only thing I can think of is that God was allowing these things to happen for a reason. If anything at all it was to appreciate him more.

I am not one of these women who like being in the same category as a man. Not that I am below him or above him. Just different. I was not created to bear all of this on my own. Neither is he. We are a team. I believe no more than he wants to be the one to deal with the three drama queens of the house by himself.

I think women who have to parent alone are heroes. Kudos to you my girls because, I cannot imagine. My kids are beautiful and I love them but, they are a handful. Sometimes I need a break. Sometimes it's nice to have someone else pick up the slack. We were not meant to handle life alone. God Himself wanted to have a relationship with humanity. Same for the men who do it on there own. Sometimes guys just can't handle things the way a woman can. This is OK. Boys and girls are different and I think that we need to stop trying to put them in the same box. Instinctively genders have their own tendencies. Now please, do not misunderstand me. There is nothing wrong with a little boy loving on a baby doll or crying. A girl can (and my daughters will) change her own tire if she has too. There is a balance. I think if given the choice, a girl would rather(with some exception) have a man around to do all of these things, just like a guy would probably rather not go shopping for window treatments. I may be coming across as old fashioned, my point is that if a girl doesn't want to have to change the oil in her car it doesn't mean that she is not a strong woman or intellectually beneath a man. Our bodies are different, we are wired different and we problem solve differently.

So my point is, just because I miss my husband when he is gone, because sometimes I get scared to be alone, doesn't make me any lesser of a woman.

2 comments:

  1. So proud of my oldest daughter!!! You are the Mom I wished I would have been!!! You amaze me!!!

    ReplyDelete